One of the best ways rural practice sites can recruit and retain clinicians is to offer loan repayment. One loan repayment option for sites located in health professional shortage areas is the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program. The application cycle to become an NHSC-approved site is now open—the application cycle will close on June 7, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Review the 2016 Site Reference Guide carefully to ensure your site meets all the requirements and to gather the required documentation.
Your facility may be eligible to become an NHSC-approved site if it:
- Is located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA)
• Provides primary care medical, dental, or mental and behavioral health services
• Provides services regardless of a patient’s ability to pay
• Offers discounted fees to patients who qualify
• Accepts patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Contact your State Primary Care Office for questions about your HPSA designation and the application. The NHSC works closely with your State Primary Care Office and will coordinate a pre-approval site visit as needed.
NHSC Site Benefits
- Assistance in the recruitment and retention of qualified and dedicated primary care providers and access to the NHSC Jobs Center, where you can promote your site and post job openings.
• Opportunities to network with other NHSC-approved sites and community organizations.
• Direct access to State Primary Care Offices that help to increase access to primary health care services in your community.
• Membership in a network of partners who are dedicated to providing care in underserved communities.
NHSC Site Application Webinar
Tuesday, April 26
2:00 – 3:30 PM ET
NHSC Site Application Technical Assistance Call
Tuesday, May 10
2:30 – 4:00 PM ET