Deadline for NP/PA Incentive Applications

June 1, 2017 all-day

Tennessee Rural Partnership’s Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Incentive Program

Applicants should be in their first year of clinicals, in order to have time to fulfill the rural rotation part of the requirement. Applicants who are enrolled but have not yet begun their training may be accepted but will be deferred to the review cycle that follows the actual start date of their training. 

Incentive Purpose

The purpose of the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Incentive is to attract nurse practitioners and physician assistants to practice sites in rural areas of Tennessee. The program will assist in the fulfillment of Tennessee Rural Partnership’s mission to maximize access to primary healthcare in rural and underserved communities in Tennessee. Applicants must be willing to work in a rural community or urban underserved setting that sees a high percentage of TennCare patients.

Who May Apply?
Nurse practitioner students in their first year of clinicals in an accredited Tennessee nursing program who have received their registered nurse (RN) license. Out-of-state nurse practitioner students may be accepted by exception, but must be clear in their application about their place of residence and their commitment to a Tennessee practice.

First-year physician assistant students studying in an accredited Tennessee program with a hub-rotation system (where students are based in one area for their whole rotation cycle).

Rural practices sites are focused on primary care, including behavioral health care, which means that this incentive is aimed at practitioners of family medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology and those with a concentration in psychiatric care.

Process Description

An incentive recipient is eligible to receive a maximum of $17,500 for two years of rural practice, plus approved rural rotation expenses. Those interested must complete the online application form below. They must be approved by the TRP Stipend Review Committee before the process begins.

Online applications may be found on our website.