Improving the Health of Tennesseans by Guiding Healthcare Workforce Development
Workforce in Tennessee
There are shortages and unequal distribution of the healthcare workforce in Tennessee. We aim to fix that. It's a lofty goal but one that is attainable.
We are prepared and committed to help effect change. For you. For us. For Tennessee.
For You. For Us. For Tennessee.
Our programs include: recruiting and placing physicians and psychiatric nurse practitioners in shortage areas, providing money to medical residents in exchange for a commitment to serve, up to $30,000 available to hospitals and health centers to attract qualified caregivers, matching medical residents with rural rotations, addressing the issues that cause nurses to leave hospital based employment and educating Tennessee students about the healthcare professions.
Tennessee ranks 45th our of 50 states on the 2017 America’s Health Rankings® Annual Report Card. We believe, as do many others and national studies, that a strong primary care workforce leads to a healthier population and Tennessee. We are committed to adapting to the ever-changing landscape, but are always actively recruiting the following specialities:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics / Gynecology
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine / Pediatrics
- Need a Job? Find Your Perfect Match
- Need a Doc? Get Free Help Finding and Funding a Doctor
- Student Loans Find Out How You Can Get Over $100,000 to Practice in Tennessee
- Why TCWD? We Make a Difference
- HOSA + Pipeline See How We Inspire the Next Generation of Caregivers
- Money for Recruiting Get up to $30,000 to Help in Your Recruiting
- Allied Health Partnering For Success
- News And Ideas Stories That Move Us And Concepts We Love.