No cost or contract required.
Want to practice in rural? Apply for our medical resident stipend program or incentive program for nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
No cost or contract required.
FEATURED Opportunities & Candidates
OPPORTUNITIES / PLACEMENT SITES
- Family or internal medicine physician needed in community health center 35 minutes north of Knoxville.
- Psychiatrists and PsychNPs needed at several West Tennessee sites.
- Family or internal medicine physician needed at a community health center within driving distance of Chattanooga.
- FNP opening at community health center on border of TN/NC – practice does full-scope of care including obstetrics.
- Community health center in West Tennessee needs family practice physician.
- Pediatrician needed in the Lebanon area.
CANDIDATES / CLINICIANS
- Family medicine and internal medicine candidates graduating in 2016 and 2017 are looking at position now in all areas of the state
FAQ for Practice Sites
Why should a practice site work with Tennessee Rural Partnership?
There is no cost for this service and no contract is required. Tennessee Rural Partnership’s goal is to connect clinicians with practice sites in rural and underserved areas. There is no obligation or risk to entering your information in our system.
What disciplines are available from TRP?
We focus on primary care physicians [family medicine, internal medicine, internal medicine/pediatrics, pediatricians, obstetrics/gynecology], nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. We do, however, have other disciplines in our system: hospitalists, general surgeons, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and other specialties that you may need. While those candidates are limited, we will match them to your opportunity if they are available.
What does it mean when you say TRP is candidate-centered?
Tennessee Rural Partnership only releases candidate information with their explicit approval. We match your requirements with candidate qualifications and preferences. Job profiles are provided to only the candidates that match a job opportunity’s needs. Only when the candidate requests to be referred to a job opportunity will their information be sent to that hiring entity.
How is TRP different?
- There is no cost or contract required for our services.
- Our staff works with you and establishes a personal relationship with both you and the candidate to ensure that both of your needs are met.
- TRP assists candidates with travel expenses for the interview process, and we offer our own stipend program.
- Our mission is maximizing access to rural health, so all of our efforts go into this work.
How can I help TRP attract candidates to my position?
Give us as much as information as possible both about your practice site and about your community. When you enter your information using our Submit an Opportunity form, use the comments section to provide details: salary range, benefits package, what it’s like to work in at your site, its staff, its location, the features of your community. Send pictures and any supplemental brochures, etc. that will help entice candidates to your location.
What happens once I enter my job on the TRP web site?
- As candidates enter their information into our system, they make selections about their preferred location, type of practice, salary needs, etc. TRP matches those needs with your opportunity profile.
- If there are no candidates matching your needs at this time, we will keep watching for candidates that meet your specifications.
- When we find a candidate whose specifications match your position, we will send your profile to the candidate for their review.
- If the candidate is interested in your position, he/she gives us permission to share their profile with you. When the profiles are sent, you will receive the name and contact information of a TRP staff person that you will notify with any questions and with follow-up information.
- When you receive a candidate profile from us, please contact the candidate directly and do the following:
- Contact the candidate within 10 business days.
- Inform your TRP staff contact within 10 business days that you have contacted the candidate and the outcome: no interest, interested and will follow-up, interested and have/will schedule interview; have hired (specify start date).
- If you go into contract negotiations with the candidate, regularly inform your TRP staff contact of the progress, when the contract has been signed, and the start date.
Please notify us within 10 business days when any practice opportunity you have listed with us has been filled or is no longer active. Always remember to post your new opportunities using our opportunity submission form.
“Providing healthcare in a rural setting has distinct rewards. It gives providers an opportunity to serve a community with limited access to health care. I have enjoyed working with patients and staff from the rural areas, who as a group tend to be more relaxed, friendly and appreciative. TRP has supported this goal. The whole process of affiliating with TRP and receiving their support is seamless. Friendly staff were eager to promote rural health care and worked with you on an effective and timely basis. Thank you TRP!”
“Working with the TRP has been an absolute pleasure. They guided me all the way from starting a job search to signing a contract. They were attentive to what I was looking for in a position and put me in contact with several locations that matched my requests. Being selected to receive a stipend from the TRP is truly an honor. The stipend will free me financially from worry about loan debts and allow me to focus on being the best doctor that I can be. Tennessee is very fortunate to have a program like the Tennessee Rural Partnership and any physician who wants to practice in a rural setting should start their inquiry here.”
“Working with the TRP was a pleasant and seamless process from medical school through residency. The TRP staff was courteous, professional, and very friendly. The TRP Residency Stipend was one of the major factors present that led me to practice in a rural, underserved area in Northeast Tennessee. I am to take care of a diverse patient population with less stress of paying off those pesky student loans. I look forward to working with the TRP over the coming years.”
“You have provided us (through the TRP Stipend) the means to survive residency while allowing us a pathway home.”
“The TRP Stipend Program is a wonderful way for me to be able to show my commitment to rural medicine and to help me get started down the path of practicing rural medicine. Through this partnership, I am confident that we can make a difference in Tennessee’s rural communities and the health care that many so desperately need.”